March 23, 2011

Day1 at Tech-ED India 2011

 

I didn’t think that I will attend Tech-Ed this year as I have a very busy schedule. All of my plans were attending Global Summit this year. But some how, the Global Summit one canceled and got some time to attend Tech-Ed. My flight started from Hyderabad at 8:30 AM on 23rd March 2011, As usual I started late at home, but caught the flight on time. Reached Hotel Lalit Ashok at 10:30 AM while the key note is going on, Got registered , this time there is no problem in registration as we have separate counter for Speakers and MVPs. The first session was an un-conference . There we networked with several fellow MVPs and some of my close friends. After that I attended the session on ASP.NET MVC3. Lots of stuff to learn in MVC3 compared to MVC2. I am going to blog about that as a separate blog post soon.

conforence

Himateched-2011

MVPs at the un conference. Will post you more pictures once I upload all of them.

Today I am pleased to meet PluralSight CEO Aaron Skonnard. I am supposed to meet Aaron in Hyderabad and that didn’t happened as I was not in the city at that time.  Pluralsight Trainings are excellent, Knowledge sharing and once you start learning using those trainings, you will automatically get addicted. Its worth subscribing to their trainings.

We have a privilege to meet distinguished engineer Yousef Khalidi RD Mgmt , WindowsAzure from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM. This is a direct roundtable with the person who is technically very very strong. We are very much pleased the way Yousef  answer all of our questions and provided solutions to the problems. Its a very productive and one of the best roundtables that I can say.

yusuf Khaldi

MVPs with Yousef Khalidi Distinguished Engineer, Windows Azure

My Question to Yousef Khaladi was, What is azure side enhancements in Interoperability side , Integration with Java or any other language.  The answer was Initially they were concentrating on one technology ,now they are stabilized so soon we can expect toolkit to play with Java and Azure using the API.

One of the feature request that came in the conference was having client side API using Azure, Azure with Siliverlight integration would definitely benefit the developers.

I had the opportunity to meet VSTS 2010 product team from Microsoft IDC. Had Demos and Lot of Q&A with them. If you get some time try to meet the Azure team or VSTS team they have pretty cool stuff to show case.

Then we had Community Talk and plan for the Web Developers day, Windows Azure Day for MUGH in the evening that ends my Day1 at teched. I will be blogging more on tomorrow as I am feeling a bit tired and going to sleep. So stay Tuned.

I still have the last year memories for Tech-Ed meeting Soma and having lunch with him. You can still read the above link to know what happened in Teched 2010

4 comments:

Abhishek Sur said...

Cool and quick writeup.. hima.

Venkatesan Prabu said...

I think, I missed this wonderful event.

Cheers,

Venkatesan Prabu. J
Head - Kaashiv infotech
www.kaashivinfotech.com

Unknown said...

Missed the Chance to meet you all guys..

:)

Unknown said...

Missed the Chance to meet you all guys..

Waiting for more details...

Thanks Hima for Sharing snaps.