February 16, 2010

VS 2010 Ultimate RC crashes

I installed RC Ultimate working fine till yesterday. Suddenly today I got the problem as Microsoft Visual Studio has encountered a problem and needs to close.


As the restart check box is checked the message is continuous and annoying.

I rebooted the system, reset the settings reset user data tried different scenarios.
But none of them worked. Suddenly I remembered that I have turned on handwriting settings in the morning for some reason.

So I just removed the hand writing settings and open the visual studio. I didn't even restart the system.



It worked.When I add the handwriting settings the problem again araises.Hope this is bug in RC2 and will be fixed by RTM.

I am using Windows XP SP3 running in my box.

So please be sure to check handwriting settings when ever your VS2010 crashes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fix for this already exists! Read Scott Gu's blog!